Mushroom Marinated Kale with Dates and Almonds
Cauliflower may be the new kale, but make new friends and keep the old right? This kale just went through a breakdown (mushroom soy flavored), put its lipstick on, and is lookin fine. Give kale some love.
- 1 bunch curly green kale, washed, de-stemmed, and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 8 oz white mushrooms, de-stemmed, washed, and sliced into quarters
- 1 + 1 tablespoon sambol
- 3 + 1 tablespoons mushroom flavored soy sauce, regular sauce or Braggs liquid amino substitute
- 2 tablespoons high quality olive oil
- 8 oz medjole dates, halved, pitted and cut 1/4" thick
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1 medium shallot, juilienned
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Toast almonds at 325 degrees for 15 mins, allow to cool
- In a large mixing bowl whisk 1 tablespoon sambol, shallots, 3 tablepoons soy sauce, and olive oil. Add kale to bowl and massage the dressing into the kale so that it gets in all the nooks and crannies and fully coats kale.
- Once kale is coated, fold in sliced mushrooms. Allow to marinate, refrigerated, for at least three hours.
- Before serving fold in dates, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, salt, juice of one lemon, and almonds.