Turkey Salad with Avocado
Still got left over turkey? Well it's 70 degrees in the south, so I made the call that a turkey salad is more than appropriate. Serve it up with some sliced avocados and you'll be one happy camper.
- 4 cups diced roasted turkey (chicken poached or roasted also works)
- 1/2 cup celery, washed and small diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1/4 cup mayonaise
- 1/4 cup full fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons orangejuice, preferable fresh
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup red grapes, quartered
- 1/2 cup diced walnut pieces, lightly toasted and cooled
- 3 tablespoons fresh dill, picked and minced
- 2 ripe avacados
- In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonaise, yogurt, dijon, orange juice, celery seed and salt. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, toss the turkey, red onion, celery, grapes, walnuts, and dill. Toss until full mixed.
- Add dressing to the large bowl and mix until all ingredients are fully coated. Salad is best if allowed to site for at least 2 hours. Serve with sliced avacados.