2 pounds small poatoes, fingerlings or new
2 tablespoons capers
2 tablespoons small diced gherkins
1/8 cups chives, finely sliced
1/8 cup flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1/8 loose, scant cup dill, finely chopped
3 soft boiled eggs, peeled (cook in simmering water for 10 mins, allow to cool)
sea salt flakes
freshley cracked pepper
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
2 teaspoons dijon
1 small shallot, finely chopped
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 tablespoon high quality olive oil
- Cut potatoes in half or quarters, depending on the size. You want them all to be one or two bites. Place in a sauce pot, cover with water, season with 1 tablespoon salt, and bring to a boil.
- Lower heat to a very light bubble and cook poatoes until tender, about 8-12 mins.
- While the poatoes are cooking, in a small bowl whisk together the sherry vinegar, dijon, and shallot. While whisking, slowly drizzle in oils. Set aside.
- Drain poatoes and allow to cool.
- in a large bowl mix the herbs, potatoes, cornishons, capers, and vinegrette in a bowl. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste.
- Cut the eggs into quarter wedges and toss into mixture before serving.