Shortcut Green Pea Falafel
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted and drained
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, small diced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour or 1/4 cup matzo meal (my favorite)
- Canola oil
Picked parsley, mint, tomatoes, and olives for serving
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until all ingredients are smooth, occasionally scraping down sides.
- Shape dough into 2 tablespoon balls and then flatten into patties.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat and alloy to heat through. Add three tablespoons of canola oil and wait one minute. Add the falafel to the pan and brown until very crispy and dark brown on each side. *use a spatula to flip and do not agitate much while cooking due to their delicate nature
- Serve immediatly with kalamata olives, tomatoes, yogurt, mint, and parsley.