Spicy Cheese Crisps
Now these...are snack crack. This is the nice version of my Spicy Cheese Crisps.
- 6 oz sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 stick butter, cubed
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Combine flour, salt, cayenne, mustard, and black pepper in a food processor. Pulse to combine. Add the cubed butter until the mixture is a course meal. Next, add the grated cheddar to the food processor. Pulse until the mixture forms a ball.
- On a lightly floured work surface, divide the dough into four equal parts. Using the palms of your hands, roll the dough into 1/4 inch thick ropes. Cut the ropes into 1 1/2 inch sections. Using a fork, press to create ridges and shape the crisps.
- Place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment or preferably a silicon baking mat. Place the crisps at least 1/2 inch apart.
- Place in the middle of the oven and cook for 16 minutes, rotating halfway through, or until cooked through.
- Serve once cooled or store in an airtight container for up to two days.