Spicy Cheese Crisps 2.0: Raspberry Thumbprints
If you know you're on the naughty list, you might as well go all in with the cheese ball inspired thumbprint cheese crisps. Sweet, spicy, savory, cheesy, and a little bit nuts.
- 6 oz sharp cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1 stick butter, cubed
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees
- Combine flour, salt, cayenne, mustard, onion powder and black pepper in a food processor. Pulse to combine. Add the cubed butter until the mixture is a course meal. Next, add the grated cheddar to the food processor. Pulse until the mixture forms a ball.
- On a lightly floured work surface, start rolling the dough into 10 gram balls (about the size of a standard marble).
- Once all the dough is rolled, place the balls on a baking sheet lined with parchment, or preferablu a silicon baking mat. Use your thumb to create wells in the middle of the crisps. Once all the wells are formed, using two small spoons fill with raspberry jam. Top the jam with a healthy pinch of pecan pieces.
- Place in the middle of the oven and cook for 16 minutes, rotating halfway through, or until cooked through.
- Serve once cooled or store in an airtight container for up to two days.