Taktouka, it's that new new flyness. Roasted tomatoes, green peppers, garlic, lot of spices, and runny eggs. Boom.
6 ripe fresh tomatoes, large diced
2 or 3 large fresh green peppers, roasted, peeled, seeded and large diced
3 large cloves of garlic, minced
3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon paprika
2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 eggs
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees
- Combine tomatoes, roasted peppers, pepper, paprika, cumin, cayenne, 1/8 cup olive oil, and garlic in a large mixing bowl.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over high heat heat until warmed through. Add above ingredients and cook until all the liquid is cooked out stiring frequently, about 15-20 mins. Veggies should char and stick to the bottom of the cast iron.
- Remove from heat and stir in remainder of olive oil and herbs.
- Make 6 indentions in the mixture the size of the eggs and crack the eggs into the spaces. Cook in the oven until to whites are set, but the yolks are runny. Serve immediatly.