Moroccan Orange and Olive Salad
Let's just call today "keep it fresh Monday". I'm currently prepping for my chicken wing birthday party tomorrow with this Moroccan Orange and Olive Salad. Surprisingly simple, but lacks nothing to be desired.
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced as thin as possible
- 3 navel oranges
- 3 blood oranges
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, perferably marinated
- 1 tablespoon picked dill
- 1 tablespoon picked mint
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- sea salt
- high quality olive oil
- With a sharp or small serated knife, nip the oranges at the top and the bottom. Remove the peel of the orange by running your knife down the side, removing all pith. Cut oranges in 1/4 inch rings, removing seeds as you go.
- Arrange the oranges on a serving plate, drizzling with olive oil and sprinkling with seasalt at you finish each layer.
- Top the salad with olives, red onion, dill, mint, and sprinkle with paprika to finish. Serve immediatly