1/2 cup Yogurt
2 cups cilantro leaves (2 large bunches)
1 ½ cups parsley leaves (1 large bunch)
3 garlic cloves
1 teaspoon salt, plus more for seasoning
2 teaspoons whole cumin
1 teaspoon sweet paprika
½ teaspoon coriander seeds
⅛ teaspoon cayenne
½ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 1/2 pounds top round beef or other chosen cut cut into 1" cubes
wooden kebab skewers, soaked in water overnight
- The day before cooking add the cilantro, parsley, garlic, salt, cumin, corriander, paprika, cayenne, and olive oil in a food processor. Pulse until mixture is like pesto.
- Toss the cut meat in enough of the herb marinade to coat. Cover and let sit overnight. Make sure the remaining herbs sauce has enough olive oil to cover the herbs, cover, and let chill in fridge overnight.
- Day of, skewer the meet on the soaked kebab skewers. Bring herb sauce and kebabs to room temperature. Add lemon juice to herb sauce.
- Sprinkle meat with salt and grill on a high temperature grill for about 4 minutes on each side to reach medium.
- Let rest for 5 mins before serving and top with herb sauce and yogurt.