Spiced Cauliflower and Paprika Hummus
- 1 large head of cauliflower cut into florets
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon ginger
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1/2 teaspoon turmeric
1/4 teaspoon cayenne
1 onion, small diced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 to 1/3 cup olive oil
1/2 cup golden raisins
1 cup water
2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 can garbonzo beans, drained
- 1 lemon juiced
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1/4 cup water
- In a small mixing bowl combine cumin, ginger, paprika, tumeric, cayenne, and salt. In a large mixing bowl or zip lock, toss cauliflower florets in spice mixture and set aside.
- Heat 1 cup water and raisins in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, remove from heat, and allow to plump for 5 mins. Drain and set raisins aside.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet over medium high heat. Add onions and cook until slightly soft, about 3 mins. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 min. Add the cauliflower and raisins and to skillit, allow to char. Cook until florets are tender but still have integrity, about 4 mins. Remove cauliflower from skillet and allow to sit at room temperature.
- In a food proccessor, combine garbonzo beans, lemon juice, paprika, salt, tahini, and water. Pulse in food processor until the mixture is as smooth as possible, may take up to 8 minutes.
- To serve, line the bottom of the plate with a healthy portion of hummus. Top with a mound of cauliflower and finish with chopped cilantro.